My professional experience revolves around communications, new media, old media, media relations, public relations and marketing in the worlds of academia, athletics, arts and culture.
I’ve worked six Olympic Games, three as a Press Officer and three as a member of the media. I have managed media and public relations at the local, regional and national levels for the U.S. Tennis Association, University of Florida, USA Swimming, the U.S. Olympic Committee and the Colorado Springs Fine Arts Center.
I can help you with:
- Public Relations … reaching the right people with the right message
- Media Relations … what flips the switch for the media
- Media Training … improving your interview skills
- Press Operations … planning, then running an event seamlessly
- Publications … improving effectiveness with writing, design, fonts
- Websites … getting the most out of your online efforts
- Social Media … building a community through engagement
- Email Newsletters … the right way and the wrong way
I created Splash! magazine, the official publication of USA Swimming with a circulation of 300,000; produced Gold Medal Pass, the “Best Newsletter in the Nation” in 2002; and produced the official website of the U.S. Olympic Team from 2001-2007.
I have provided media training for legendary coaches, like Richard Quick, Mark Schubert, and Jon Urbanchek and athletes, like Michael Phelps, Jenny Thompson, Matt Biondi, Dara Torres and many, many more.
Send me a note at firstname.lastname@example.org.